A teenager's life is often a busy one - with school, social activities, extracurricular activities, and more that oral health may sometimes be left on the backburner. Consider these handy on-the-go tips:
1. Carry a small bottle of water with you. Where possible, limit sweet drinks like pop and juice and opt for water instead – healthier for your skin and body, too!
2. Try to pay attention to the sugar in food and drink products. Avoid gum and sticky treats, especially if you have braces! Small pieces can become lodged in-between your teeth and cause bacteria-build up that may cause damage to your teeth.
3. Carry a travel-sized toothbrush, toothpaste and floss with you
so that you can keep your teeth clean.
4. Don't use teeth as tools! Even if you're in a hurry, it's better to use a pair of scissors or utility knife where appropriate. This will help to ensure that you don't experience any unnecessary damage to teeth.
5. Last but not least - if you notice any changes in your mouth, contact your dentist to ensure that everything is as it should be.